Subject: Re: More light control in LW
From: Robert Nederhorst <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 07:18:13 -0800

[email-masked] wrote:

> >layout tool in LW.  Look at how we have to fake volumetric light/shadows--
> >the volumetric effects cast shadows themselves(!).

The new MAX will have volumetric lighting built in.  I would GUESS (do 
not know for a fact) that LW will also.  It makes sense...

> 
>         More specifically, in 3DS and other applications you can exclude any
> given light from any given object: this is an improvement upon the real
> world....

YEAH!  C'mon NT people, please PLEASE -PLEASE- code that in to LW.  
Objects exclusion from lights is so awesome.  3ds is very nice in that 
respect.

-- 
-= Robert Nederhorst =---= Webmaster =---= Network Systems Engineering 
-=
  -= [email-masked] =---= 713.480.0044 x102 =---= 713.488-8275 (FAX) =-